Free school meals
All children in reception, year one or year two will be able to receive a free school meal. Choosing a school lunch for your child will save up to £400 per year. You must register your child for free school meals during the summer term to ensure the school receives extra funding, although you can apply at any point through the year.
To qualify for a Free School Meal you will need to complete a registration form and return it to our school office.
If your child is in year three or above, to be eligible for free school meals the parent or carer must receive one of the following:
- income support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get any of the above benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
To apply, complete our Children and Education-Form-Free school meals application.
To applly directly to the council email the application to email@example.com.
You can also post a signed copy to:
ESAS and Free School Meals
You do not need to provide evidence of your benefit when you submit your form, however we may write to you to request certain evidence.
For more information contact the team on 020 8379 5367.