I’d like to offer you a very warm welcome to Honilands Primary School website. We are a larger than average primary school in North East Enfield.
I am very proud to be Headteacher, supported by our Deputy Headteacher, Mr James Irvine, and a fantastic staff team who are fully committed to ensuring that every child reaches their full potential through a rich, varied and exciting curriculum.
We value the strong local partnerships we have forged both at school and within the wider community. We have been accredited Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) and are proud of the relationships between the school and parents.
My vision for Honilands is to embody our motto of ‘We Are One’, learning together, inspiring lifelong learning in harmony together and with empathy, kindness and fun. So that we can all become the best that we can be.
Using our learning to learn skills we aim to:
- Foster British Values so that there are good relationships across our diverse community that are open, challenging and equal
- Enrich the lives of our community so that everyone leaves Honilands with richer experiences that enhance their opportunities in life
- Ensure that teaching and learning provision is at the core of what we do
- Nurture strengths as well as build resilience by learning through mistakes
- Ensure that the whole community feels and can keep themselves safe and healthy in mind and body
We will underpin everything that we do as a community with our common values
- Being kind and helpful
- Being good listeners
- Being respectful towards each other and the environment around us
- Being honest
- Being able to work hard
- Being able to keep ourselves and others safe
Our school is slightly different to other primary schools. We have three forms of entry and we are organised into four families each led by a Family Leader. Oak family is our nursery and reception classes led by Megan Gibson. The rest of the school is split into three families, each consisting of one class from each year group. Cedar family is led by Shirin Masud; Willow family is led by Chris Shaw and Hazel family is led by Elizabeth Newport. Each family has its own area of the school and its own playground.
We are proud of our ‘Inclusion Quality Mark’ (IQM) with Flagship status. We have an Inclusion team comprised of our Assistant Headteacher, Laura Dodd, who leads on Inclusion; a SENCo, Amy Saunders; a well established Learning Mentor Team together with a nurture class, Language and Social Skill group and Lilac Provision that supports our flagship status. We also have our Honilands College, that includes a college prospectus each year, which is an enrichment provision for all pupils from years 3 to 6.
We believe in developing the whole child to so that they grow, flourish and reach their potential.